2009-05-02

Quotes

I've been staring at colored polygons for the past month, so I don't have anything interesting to say. You know the stress is getting to you when you run across random quotes on the internet and they bounce around inside your head. Enjoy the memes...or, rather, let the memes enjoy you.




Since its foundation nearly two decades earlier, Nato had had its headquarters in France. Now Nato would have to move. Furthermore, de Gaulle added, it was his intention that all American service personnel should be removed from French soil. "Does that include," [Lyndon B] Johnson is said to have replied, "those buried in it?"

When I was in the military they gave me a medal for killing two men and a discharge for loving one.

My father told me I had three career options. I could be a doctor, an engineer or a failure.

...any competent programmer, if given a chance to learn on the job, can become productive in a new software technology within a few weeks... [FYI I strongly disagree with the spirit of this quote, though the meaning is a bit truthful]

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness—-That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Life is good, everyone just overreacts. Even me.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I very much like this post.