2009-01-06

Accesibility Technology Helps Immigrants, Too

A recent NYTimes article on accessibility technology is correct about this technology helping more than just disabled people. While video subtitles allow deaf people to watch TV, they also help immigrants learn the language. Multiple people have told me that foreign TV with subtitles helped them learn a language. I haven't found an internet source of Dutch video with subtitles.

I've been putting off the inevitable, but I think I'm going to buy a TV and hook it up to cable. -5 indie points.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Better hurry, BSG starts soon!
... not that I get the scifi channel.

JD said...

way to go against everything sono stood for. i thought you were cool. well...cooler.
also cablevision still calls me and asks if i want to subscribe. i tell them i moved out of connecticut...i dont think they believe me. i guess they didnt believe we didnt have a tv either.
also the word verification is satan. i just thought it was an interesting side note.

oogRobot said...

I don't have a choice about paying for cable here, it comes with the room whether I use it or not.

Maybe you should have explained to cablevision that you're the future - a young person who gets all his TV from the internet.