2008-11-21

Knowledge Export

As a kennismigrant (knowledge immigrant), I appreciate some pieces of knowledge more than others. Such as the European style of eating a kiwi. In these busy days I wouldn't normally have time to eat a kiwi, much less prepare a blog post. Luckily, however, Europeans love solving multiple problems with a single solution. Looking for a solution that is easy, classy, filling, delicious, *and* blog-postable? Carve out a kiwi, yo.






Several kiwis were harmed in the creation of these photographs. Feel free to direct any complaints here.

7 comments:

JD said...

speaking of kiwis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI66Ny52sFw

Liz! said...

how did you used to eat kiwis?? this seems standard to me...

oogRobot said...

I only saw this kiwi-consumption method for the first time a few weeks ago. Previously, I'd only seen kiwis served in a sliced manner.

alison said...

I eat kiwis like that sometimes too. Means you don't have the problem of peeling a kiwi, which gets harder and harder the more ripe and delicious the kiwi is (and the less sharp your peeling implement is).

I think the difference is, if I were serving kiwis as part of a meal, they'd still get the peel + slice treatment, but if I'm just snacking on kiwi myself then I scoop.

Liz! said...

i agree with alison's distinction...unless I'm serving kiwis to kids...then i give them the kiwi and a spoon and a paper towl

although, I've found the easiest way to peel/slice them is to cut them down the middle, slice them, and then turn them in-side-out and cut along the skin. I hate pealing them like you would anything else...

alison said...

That's because you didn't spend enough time in the kitchen. We ate kiwis in there ALL THE TIME.

alison said...

jehan, i was *so* sure that youtube link was going to be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUUx5FdySs