2008-11-09

So Long, First Web-site

I think the first, useful web-site I completely created was a political web-site for Swati Dandekar. Swati won a seat in the 2002 Iowa state house of representatives election. This year she ran for an Iowa state senate seat and won. Congratulations Swati!

Unfortunately they had to do away with my 1st symphony for an updated web page that is clearly *not* the work of a high-school student. Maybe they could have kept the animated state logo and "Excellence for Office" gif? That was genius. Seriously. How many web-sites can pull off an animated gif? I should have gone into advertising.

(I'd like to point out that the way-back machine doesn't cache the roll-overs, so those image roll-overs were not only fashionable at the time, they were also working.)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Well, but now she has an 'Online Presence'. It sounds like an avatar, only creepier.